Revel® is San Francisco cloud-based iPad POS founded in 2010 and geared toward larger businesses with multiple locations. The company has over 25,000 terminals. Revel® fits businesses with multiple terminals and chains and can integrate with third party apps.PROS
- Basic programming is relatively easy
- Offers industry-specific packages.
- Modular software allows customization - good for larger businesses.
- Advanced backend. Can integrate with third party payroll, inventory tracking, customer relationship management applications.
- Setup process may be bumpy. Complex. Accepting cards without an Internet connection is an option, but risky
- Runs on Apple iPad so may have common issues: cables, broken screens, wifi connectivity.
- Not the cheapest on the market. Fees: Retrieval, Voice Authorisation, Dial Back-up, Account Maintenance, Annual Account fee, Minimum Monthly Discount
- 36 months lock-in contract
Revel® is Best For:
- Restaurants, including large and small chains
- Upfront equipment costs
- Starting Price $99.00/month/user, $99/month per terminal
- Open API required for third party integrations may cost more per month than the entire POS system